Introduction for Suppliers
Buyers ask suppliers to join Tradecloud so you can both work together efficiently and sell more with less effort. Clear communication on orders, shipments and forecasts between you and your customers is important but difficult to reach by e-mail and Excel sheets. When it comes to order handling and clear communication, the Tradecloud platform can save you a lot of money, time and resources. Suppliers can work via the online portal or an integration with an ERP system on the suppliers side. This document describes all the options and required steps.
Our mutual goal is to create a fast and effective supply chain. Depending on your situation there are multiple ways to work with Tradecloud. If you are a small or starting supplier with low volumes you can work via the Tradecloud portal for free. In the portal you will receive orders from your customers and you have to confirm them manually. If you a larger proffessional supplier you can benefit from full ERP integration on your side. This will make orders automatically go to your own ERP system and will send order confirmations automatically back to your customers.
What is the Tradecloud platform?
Tradecloud is a Supply Chain Collaboration Platform, it reduces supply chain variability by sharing orders, shipments and forecasts with suppliers.
Tradecloud’s Collaboration platform allows buyers to share orders, production plans, forecasts, and shipments, allowing suppliers to be more responsive when meeting demand requirements from thousands of miles away. With a high level of communication in the cloud, companies can improve on-time delivery rates to customers and adapt to rapidly changing demand without adding to inventory costs. Supply Chain Collaboration aligns supply and demand in real time.
The benefits of Tradecloud:
- Sell more, with less effort
- Automate your operational sales
- Realize customer loyalty
- Find new customers in the largest b2b network in the sector
- One version of the truth
- The web portal is free
- The Possible to integrate your existing ERP system
How to connect to the platform?
Via the portal
If you work via the portal there is no implementation needed. After you have been invited you can connect to your customer and start receiving and confirming orders. You will be informed of any new orders or changes via email.
Via ERP integration
If you want to benefit from full ERP integration there is the following process:
- Choose integration method
- Process alignment
- This has to be done between Buyer and Supplier upfront
- See functional checklist below
- Setting up the connection
- Technical implementation
- First test
- Default Tradecloud message exchange is validated by supplier
- Connectivity test has been completed, messages are transfered
- Default Tradecloud test scenarios are used with real-life data
- Onboarding dates are confirmed by Buyer and Supplier
- Acceptance test
- The client provides an acceptance ERP environment with representative data. This data needs to be accurate production like data – no changes in the test data
- Two sessions are planned with a lead time of 2 weeks; one for End to End testing and one for Go Live
- The customer will formaly validate and accept the integration
- Beyond this date, an RFC for additional support is required