During the processing we stick to the requirements of the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens). This means we:
– limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
– take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
– respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Use of Personal Data
By using our service, you are providing certain data to us. This could be personal data. We only retain and use the personal data provided directly by you or for which it is clear that it has been supplied to us to be processed. We collect personal data from our users, who, via our website, the Platform or any other Service, in connection with visiting our website, the Platform or any other Service, request (additional) information, place an order, sign up for our newsletter or use a personal account on the website, the Platform or any other Service.
- When visiting our website our servers automatically record and store information such as URL, IP-address, browser type and language, date and time of the visit (“Visitor Information”).
- We collect and store information that is created, inputted, submitted, posted, transmitted, stored or displayed by you, your employees or customers or other third parties in the process of using our Services. Such information may include personal information or other sensitive information that you, your agents or end-users choose to include. All data is subject to our technical safeguards as more fully subscribed below.
- For an (additional) information request and/or registration for our newsletter, we process the contact details you provided (such as name, address and e-mail address).
- To place an order for products or services via our website and/or the Platform or any other Service you are required to provide the necessary information, such as contact details and financial information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and bank account number).
- To create a personal account for the Platform or any other Service, you have to provide your (full) name, address, e-mail address and password.
The personal data may be processed by us for the performance of our services and, in particular, for the specific purpose for which the data are collected.
We can also use the personal data to keep you informed about our products, services and/or activities that might be of interest to you. If you have any objections to this, please contact us by filling out the contact form on our website.
We can inform you about our (new) products or services by e-mail or via social media.
We can use the Visitor Information and other personal data of our users (in anonymized form) for (i) statistical analyses and reports of the visit-, click- and usage behavior on our website and/or the Platform or any other Service, and (ii) analyze and improve the use of our website and/or the Platform or any other Service.
All our data processing is in accordance with applicable (inter)national legislation, including all applicable EU legislation.
Registration and transfer to third parties
Certain features of our service, for instance use of the Platform, require you to register beforehand. After your registration we will retain your user name and the personal data you provided. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, invoicing and payment, and to provide an overview of the products and services you have purchased from us.
Except as specified below, only those persons authorized by us to protect personal data and/or otherwise edit and/or carry out IT maintenance work have access to the personal data of our users.
We will not provide the data linked to your user name to third parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement you concluded with us or if this is required by law. In the event of suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website, the Platform or any other Service we may hand over personal data to the entitled authorities.
Access to portal
Within the TradeCloud portal, you can access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings.
We use ‘cookies’ and other similar techniques to (i) analyze and improve the use of our Website and/or the Platform or any other Service, (ii) analyze and improve our services to our users (such as a personal account, dealing with information request or orders), (iii) social media (such as Facebook and Twitter).
Cookies are small text files that are stored on a computer if the website is visited or the Platform, or any other Service, is used. The cookie remembers what the user fills out on our website and/or the Platform or any other Service for a next visit, that the contents of our website and/or Platform or any other Service can be adjusted to the user and it is not necessary that personal data are entered again.
More information about enabling and disabling cookies can be found in the instructions/using the help function of your browser. Some features on our website and the Platform or any other Service might not work if you have disabled cookies on your computer. If you would like more information, please contact us by filling out the contact form on our website.
Data hosting, transfer and retention
Unless we expressly agree otherwise, TradeCloud B.V. may host and process data, including personal information, in other EU countries. Whenever we process personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) on behalf of our subscribers located in the EEA or Switzerland, we will continue to offer them adequate protection in accordance with the requirements of all applicable EU legislation.
We may retain and use other personal information, including personal information we collect as a “data controller”, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate accounting, financial and other operational records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as described above.
Our policy for the deletion of data following termination or cancellation of a user’s use of our Services can be found in our general terms and conditions.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data of our users against loss or unlawful processing and reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to their personal data. We are committed to making sure that your personal data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you authorized to access your data.
Although we have taken, and will take in the future, all (reasonably) possible security measures, there are inherent risks to the processing of personal data through the internet.
Google and social media may provide your information, gathered through their cookies, to third parties, if they are bound by law to do so, or when such third parties process the information on their behalf. The information is transferred to and stored on servers located in the United States. Google and social media claim to adhere to applicable privacy regulations. This means that there is supposed to be an adequate level of (personal) data protection. We are not responsible for this and exclude all liability in this regard.
Contact and inspection and modification of your data