Supplier on-boarding plan
Buyers ask suppliers to join Tradecloud so you can both work together efficiently and sell more with less effort. Clear communication on orders, shipments and forecasts between you and your customers is important but difficult to reach by e-mail, fax and Excel sheets. When it comes to order handling and clear communication, the Tradecloud platform can save you a lot of money, time and resources. Suppliers can work via the online portal but then there is no integration with an ERP system on the suppliers side. This document describes all the options and required steps.
Our mutual goal is to create a fast and effective supply chain. Depending on your situation there are multiple ways to work with Tradecloud. If you are a small or starting supplier with low volumes you can work via the Tradecloud portal for free. In the portal you will receive orders from your customers and you have to confirm them manually. If you a larger proffessional supplier you can benefit from full ERP integration on your side. This will make orders automatically go to your own ERP system and will send order confirmations automatically back to your customers.
Step by step approach
Via the portal
If you work via the portal there is no implementation needed. After you have been invited you can connect to your customer and start receiving and confirming orders. You will be informed of any new orders or changes via email.
Via ERP integration
If you want to benefit from full ERP integration there is the following process:
- Choose integration method
- Process alignment
- This has to be done between Buyer and Supplier upfront
- See functional checklist below
- Setting up the connection
- Technical implementation
- First test
- Default Tradecloud message exchange is validated by supplier
- Connectivity test has been completed, messages are transfered
- Default Tradecloud test scenarios are used with real-life data
- Onboarding dates are confirmed by Buyer and Supplier
- Acceptance test
- The client provides an acceptance ERP environment with representative data. This data needs to be accurate production like data – no changes in the test data
- Two sessions are planned with a lead time of 2 weeks; one for End to End testing and one for Go Live
- The customer will formaly validate and accept the integration
- Beyond this date, an RFC for additional support is required